Contact & location
Mutanda Lake Resort is conveniently situated for gorilla tracking and exploration of the nearby lakes and Virunga Volcanoes. The resort is a 45-minute scenic drive from Kisoro town, two hours from Kabale/ Lake Bunyonyi, 3,5 hours from Kigali, Rwanda and approximately one hour from the home range of seven different gorilla groups. Find us on Google Maps or download Maps.me for easy offline navigation.
Lat/Long: S1°11.19’, E29°40.96’. Elevation: 1800m.
Bookings Office Matoke Tours
(+256) (0) 312 202 907
Route description from the “Kindly service station” (fuelling station) in Kisoro:
- With the “kindly service station” on you right-hand side, turn right on a rocky volcanic road.
- Keep on following this road for about 30 minutes and do not take any junction. If in doubt, keep left.
- After 30 minutes you cross a river, followed by a junction. Keep left and follow the signpost for Mutanda Lake Resort.
- Keep on following the road for about 20 minutes with glimpses of the lake on your left until you see the signpost for the lodge on your left-hand side.
- When you have a good 4-wheel drive, drive down towards the lake where you find the signpost indicating that you have reached.
- You are most welcome!
Download Maps.me on your Smartpone before you travel and enjoy easy offline navigation. You also find us on Google Maps.